DIN Abrasion Tester
Caltech Engineering Services offers DIN abrasion tester (Abraser / Abrader) conform to the ASTM D5963 and ISO 4649 standards. DIN abrasion tester will allow you to measure the abrasion resistance of rubbers (vulcanized thermo set rubbers and thermoplastic elastomers) that are subject to abrasive/frictional wear in their actual service, such as tires, conveyor drive belts, and shoe soles. Since wear is always a result of abrasion, different test methods have been developed for the simulation of long term wear.
DIN Abrasion Tester has proven to be the best way of simulating long term wear. This method enables comparative tests for the control of the uniformity of a specific material. The achieved test results provide important parameters in respect to the wear of elastomers in practical use. The abrasion resistance is measured by moving a test piece across the surface of an abrasive sheet mounted to a revolving drum, and is expressed as volume loss in cubic millimeters or abrasion resistance index in percent. For volume loss, a smaller number indicates better abrasion resistance, while for the abrasion resistance index; a smaller number denotes poorer abrasion resistance. The DIN Abrasion tester can also be used for comparative measurements on other materials such as plastics, chalk or painted surfaces. It confirms to DIN-53516, JIS-K6369, GB/T 20991 and ISO4649 standards.
- Diameter of test specimen : 16 + 0.2 mm
- Height of test specimen : 6 to 10 mm
- Diameter of rotating drum : 150 mm
- Length of rotating drum : 470 mm
- Speed of rotation of cylinder : 40 + 2 RPM
- Lateral movement of test
- specimen holder : 4.2 mm per revolution of drum
- Load on test specimen : 10N / 5N / 2.5N
- Inclination of axis of specimen holder : 39 from vertical
- Total length of abrading run : 40 m (about 84 rotations)
- Abrasive cloth : Aluminum oxide abrasive grain of 60 grit
- Motor : 1/4 HP - 230 volts AC
D/104, Twin Arcade, Military Road, Marol, Andheri (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400059, India